Sealed Fate Sealed Fate

Nice

I think this movie is quite funny and cute. My favourite moment was when the octopus jumped out of the water with a "WWWHAAAAAH" sound. Also liked the rubber ducky and I thought it was cute how the seal went to chew on it (or whatever he did) :3

You used sounds and music quite nicely and the drawings were well done I'd say. I especially liked the clouds in the background. Everything else looked good too. I only think the octopus was a bit... as if he broke all his tentacles at four different places, but it's no biggie and perhaps only added to the silliness and cuteness of this submission.

Overall 8 out of 10, 4 out of 5. This is definitely one of my favourite ones I've seen so far (coming from your class). Great job and good luck with the grading and everything. I'm sure this'll be a pass though.

The Hunted The Hunted

Good job

I think this little movie contained a pretty nice use of colour, especially in the first few screens. I also thought the beast running was quite well animated. I suppose you used a film of a striding horse as an example for that? It kinda looked like you traced such images in order to animate it. Can't blame you because I know it's very hard to get that right.

I do think the animation and drawings could use some "polishing" and smoothening, but for the rest I have to say that your first project looks quite promising. I hope you'll make some more animations for Newgrounds in the future and make attempts to improve your work.

Overall 7 out of 10, 3 out of 5. Good job in my opinion. I'm sure this will be a pass.

Kerathus responds:

Thank you for these kind words. Yes I did have a look at how a horse's legs move, then I made one leg and just used it four times with a little offset on each step from the previous leg.

I will definitely be making some more animations in the future.

A flash made of B's:Part5 A flash made of B's:Part5

FFFFFFFFF-

Unfortunately this review deletion contained a ban notification and it got deleted from my inbox when my review ban was lifted so no easy copy pasting to recover this one alas. To be honest I can't be arsed to type it all out again and I can't remember that well what I wrote anyway so heh...

Lovely submission. Epic milestone in cinema history. Nice homage to early 30's cinema. Yada yada.

Overall 10 out of 10, 5 out of 5. Looking forward to another sequel next year :p

Haggard responds:

And I can't remember what I wrote in the response. Too bad.

Soldier Is Clock! Soldier Is Clock!

Happy Clock Day!

Lol! Nice contribution to the festivities of today, even though it's just a silly little flash. But you're right, it'll beat most of the other Clock Day submissions.

I liked how you used Team Fortress quotes to set up a conversation. It turned out quite nicely in my opinion. Best moment was of course how the said "B" and a B came out to blow up the Scout :p

Overall 8 out of 10, 4 out of 5. Again, a nice contribution to Clock Day. Happy Clock Day Bahamut!

PS: This is a resubmit. Reply please? :(

Replied.

Explaining Clock Day Explaining Clock Day

Happy Clock Day!

Lol. Little history lesson for all those noobies out there. Though you forgot to mention how we are now flooding the portal with crap every year and vote 5 on everything. But maybe the penguin was about to explain that when he blew up.

Anyway, I don't know if you drew the penguin yourself, but it looks rather nice I think. I think a replay button after the ending would have been nice, but then again it's not such a big deal. Let's not put too much effort into a silly clock day submission ^^

Overall 7 out of 10. By the way, I'm still eagerly awaiting the sequel to 'A Flash Made of B's part 4' ;)

PS: This is a resubmit. Reply plox? :(

Haggard responds:

"Reply plox? :(!

I can't B I can't B

BBBBBBBB!

I know this is just pure mindrape, but so far this is amongst my favourite submission of this years Clock Day. I think this kind of random spam captures the spirit of Clock Day quite well.

Sound-wise it was of course just an awful bunch of noise, but the drawings and animation were actually pretty good in my opinion.

Overall 8 out of 10, 4 out of 5. Nice work here Fungasm. Too bad you had to rush it and couldn't finish it. Although I doubt it would've really gone anywhere anyway.

The Real Legend 4 The Real Legend 4

Pretty good episode, but it did feel rushed

It's been a while since I last watched anything from this series. I thought you sort of gave up on it or it would be one of those endless 'works in progress', but then suddenly another episode pops up.

Anyway, this is a pretty good episode, although it felt a bit short and I remember the older ones to contain more jokes and pranks. Perhaps you could've done something with how you constantly had to switch boots in the Water Temple in the game, or how you had to keep raising and lowering the water level. I don't know, in any case, it did feel a bit short and rushed like lots of people appear to be noticing.

I would personally be okay with it if you put a little less effort into the effects and drawings if that would mean your file turns out less heavy and you can make longer episodes in less time. I do like the graphics of the later episodes, but this is only a parody/comedy series and all these effects and nice drawings aren't really necessary to make it good.

Overall 8 out of 10, 4 out of 5. It's nice knowing that the series hasn't died, but I think it might be a good idea to make a conclusion soon. Another three episodes of Link going through the Spirit and Shadow Temple and then to Ganons Castle could be a bit too much. If I were you I'd do two more at most.

Warriors of the Portal Warriors of the Portal

Well above todays standards

This is an amazing piece of work which is well above NG's standards today. It's been a long time since I last saw a movie as impressive as this one. Sure, there have been plenty of good movies and games lately, but you rarely see one this groundbreaking.

I think the graphics were very well done. You altered the characters nicely from drawings to 3D models to make them fit into the movies 'universe' and make it somewhat realistic. I've seen big budget cinema films who did a worse job at translating drawn characters into the 'real world'. So in my opinion you did a great job there. The animation was also good, but there were a few times where the battle sequences looked a bit stiff. For some reason I mainly had this with scenes involving Larry. Another small point of criticism on the graphics is that some shots were a bit vague or of low quality. I don't think this was always intentional.

As for the plot of the movie, it's pretty simple, but the movie seems more like a 3D experiment to me so I can imagine there isn't much focus on writing a great plot for it. Of course it's already awesome enough that well known NG characters are brawling it out in a 'last man standing' match.

Overall 10 out of 10, 5 out of 5. I hope we're gonna see more of this kind of stuff after the redesign has taken place. I believe Tom said there will be more room for movies created with alternative software from Flash, so I hope people will be inspired by this movie and cook up some great stuff.

400000?! 400000?!

400025th?

I don't know why you said 400001st. The ID of the flash movie says 400025th, so that is pretty far off. The 400001st appears to be a blammed Lock Legion flash. I guess you must've exaggerated a little bit.

Oh well, anyway, an okay submission in my opinion. Was this Fagamuts first mention in one of your flash movies? I can't remember him showing up or being mentioned in any of your earlier ones, but I do remember him having a role in some of your flashes.

For the rest not much really happened in this flash and it's too bad that you didn't grab the 400000th flash submission. I think that might have been more interesting.

Overall 6 out of 10, 3 out of 5. Not something that should go into the 'Best of Bahamut' in my opinion.

Murray responds:

Fagamut originally appeared in the NG redesign flash.

Edgar N' Locke 03 Edgar N' Locke 03

Alright

Lol. I'm not that familiar with all the hundreds of offsprings that came forth from metal, but I am familiar with Linkin Park and I wouldn't consider them to be metal either. I think they're more like the inventors of trashy teenager music for silly fan made music videos. In any case, they're not metal. I don't know who the first guys were and what was that second band? Korn? System of a Down? I know the song, Freak on a Leash, but I can't remember who it's from.

As for the submission itself, there's wasn't anything impressive going on. Just a dialogue about metal with some characters from FFVI. The voice-acting is good as always and the little bit of animation for lip syncing and grabbing the i-pod looked good too. That's it basically.

Overall 6 out of 10, 3 out of 5. An okay submission in my opinion. Though to be honest, I don't think the Edgar N Locke series was a very interesting project.

Murray responds:

I don't even want to remember the song names from awful bands.