View Profile Auz

All 219 Movie Reviews

69 w/ Responses

Nice

I think this movie is quite funny and cute. My favourite moment was when the octopus jumped out of the water with a "WWWHAAAAAH" sound. Also liked the rubber ducky and I thought it was cute how the seal went to chew on it (or whatever he did) :3

You used sounds and music quite nicely and the drawings were well done I'd say. I especially liked the clouds in the background. Everything else looked good too. I only think the octopus was a bit... as if he broke all his tentacles at four different places, but it's no biggie and perhaps only added to the silliness and cuteness of this submission.

Overall 8 out of 10, 4 out of 5. This is definitely one of my favourite ones I've seen so far (coming from your class). Great job and good luck with the grading and everything. I'm sure this'll be a pass though.

FFFFFFFFF-

Unfortunately this review deletion contained a ban notification and it got deleted from my inbox when my review ban was lifted so no easy copy pasting to recover this one alas. To be honest I can't be arsed to type it all out again and I can't remember that well what I wrote anyway so heh...

Lovely submission. Epic milestone in cinema history. Nice homage to early 30's cinema. Yada yada.

Overall 10 out of 10, 5 out of 5. Looking forward to another sequel next year :p

Haggard responds:

And I can't remember what I wrote in the response. Too bad.

Happy Clock Day!

Lol. Little history lesson for all those noobies out there. Though you forgot to mention how we are now flooding the portal with crap every year and vote 5 on everything. But maybe the penguin was about to explain that when he blew up.

Anyway, I don't know if you drew the penguin yourself, but it looks rather nice I think. I think a replay button after the ending would have been nice, but then again it's not such a big deal. Let's not put too much effort into a silly clock day submission ^^

Overall 7 out of 10. By the way, I'm still eagerly awaiting the sequel to 'A Flash Made of B's part 4' ;)

PS: This is a resubmit. Reply plox? :(

Haggard responds:

"Reply plox? :(!

BBBBBBBB!

I know this is just pure mindrape, but so far this is amongst my favourite submission of this years Clock Day. I think this kind of random spam captures the spirit of Clock Day quite well.

Sound-wise it was of course just an awful bunch of noise, but the drawings and animation were actually pretty good in my opinion.

Overall 8 out of 10, 4 out of 5. Nice work here Fungasm. Too bad you had to rush it and couldn't finish it. Although I doubt it would've really gone anywhere anyway.

Happy Clock Day!

~Auz

Pretty good episode, but it did feel rushed

It's been a while since I last watched anything from this series. I thought you sort of gave up on it or it would be one of those endless 'works in progress', but then suddenly another episode pops up.

Anyway, this is a pretty good episode, although it felt a bit short and I remember the older ones to contain more jokes and pranks. Perhaps you could've done something with how you constantly had to switch boots in the Water Temple in the game, or how you had to keep raising and lowering the water level. I don't know, in any case, it did feel a bit short and rushed like lots of people appear to be noticing.

I would personally be okay with it if you put a little less effort into the effects and drawings if that would mean your file turns out less heavy and you can make longer episodes in less time. I do like the graphics of the later episodes, but this is only a parody/comedy series and all these effects and nice drawings aren't really necessary to make it good.

Overall 8 out of 10, 4 out of 5. It's nice knowing that the series hasn't died, but I think it might be a good idea to make a conclusion soon. Another three episodes of Link going through the Spirit and Shadow Temple and then to Ganons Castle could be a bit too much. If I were you I'd do two more at most.

Well above todays standards

This is an amazing piece of work which is well above NG's standards today. It's been a long time since I last saw a movie as impressive as this one. Sure, there have been plenty of good movies and games lately, but you rarely see one this groundbreaking.

I think the graphics were very well done. You altered the characters nicely from drawings to 3D models to make them fit into the movies 'universe' and make it somewhat realistic. I've seen big budget cinema films who did a worse job at translating drawn characters into the 'real world'. So in my opinion you did a great job there. The animation was also good, but there were a few times where the battle sequences looked a bit stiff. For some reason I mainly had this with scenes involving Larry. Another small point of criticism on the graphics is that some shots were a bit vague or of low quality. I don't think this was always intentional.

As for the plot of the movie, it's pretty simple, but the movie seems more like a 3D experiment to me so I can imagine there isn't much focus on writing a great plot for it. Of course it's already awesome enough that well known NG characters are brawling it out in a 'last man standing' match.

Overall 10 out of 10, 5 out of 5. I hope we're gonna see more of this kind of stuff after the redesign has taken place. I believe Tom said there will be more room for movies created with alternative software from Flash, so I hope people will be inspired by this movie and cook up some great stuff.

Heh

I guess this would've been funnier if I saw it back when it was submitted. Now we all know what that User Page Layout button does and it turned to be not such a huge deal.

The submission itself is obviously not that spectacular. Just a bunch of randomly distributed, animated LOL words with flashing circles. Shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes to animate. Plus points for the music you added though, I like it. It's quite catchy.

Overall 3 out of 10, 1 out of 5. I like the song, but that's about it. Of course this was just a joke flash submission for Clockday and not a huge load of effort went into it. It wouldn't be fair to give it a high rating.

Fantastic

Fantastic! I agree with Coop, the build up was great and I read your "Can you guys imagine what kind of things would do StrawberryClock if he was the reaper?" comment and I was summing up like a million things in my head as to what could happen and what would StrawberryClock do and what would be the consequences and what would his grandmother think about it.

And then the plot twist came and EVERYTHING was turned upside down 0.0

When the credits rolled I swear I had to wipe away a tear. Great choice of music there, I wouldn't see any other song more fitting than YMCA by The Village People.

Also I was happy and proud to beta test this for you.

Overall 10 out of 10, 5 out of 5. An excellent piece of work. I don't see why this submissions hasn't been getting straight 10's and a blue score. It's as if people are forgetting to vote 5 today.

ThePigeonMaster responds:

This has been one of the weakest Clock Days of all NG history. I remember 1 year ago, all the 50 flashes that were in the flash portal, were all purple.

Thanks for your review ^^

Amazing

An amazing piece of work as always. I really liked this episode of the brackenwood series. I know I stated in my waterlollies review that I would've loved to see some more character development and such and I think you went the right way with this one. You also introduced some interesting new characters that are gonna play a big role in the series I guess. I'm especially interested in the meaning of bitey's dream, but that magician girl at the end seemed very mysterious as well. I wonder how she is gonna solve bitey's problem.

For the rest I think the narrating was well done. She had a pleasant voice and reminded me a bit of the LOTR narrator of the first movie.

Overall 10 out of 10, 5 out of 5. Went straight to my favorites. I can't wait to see the next episode, keep up the awesome work.

Oh by the way, I don't why but for whatever reason I was unable to watch this flash in Opera 10. I got a huge watermark all across the screen stating that I should watch this on bitey.com. It worked fine when I tried Firefox though. You might wanna take a look at that, before you get a ton of complaints from people who aren't able to view this.

A fantastic movie

This was a fantastic movie in my honest opinion. It was dramatic, violent, funny, dark and lighthearted all at the same time, making it very unique. I must say that I love your drawing style. Everything was drawn really well and your use of colors was simply amazing. I also loved your choices for music. It had a pretty wide variety of music genres (I think), giving the movie a very different atmosphere with each scene. The voice-acting was another good point. I especially liked the old man's voice. He sounded like a standard old man from cartoons, I thought that was very funny. For the rest it's nice that you added some extra's. They were pretty interesting as well.

The only complaint I can think of is that the animation came over a bit choppy at some points, but I think the main reason that happened is simply because my computer can't handle it. So it's not a big deal.

Overall 10 out of 10, 5 out of 5. It's been a long time since I've seen a movie this good. You did an excellent job and I can't wait to see more from you. Added this movie to my favorites, keep up the good work.

30, Male